There are nearly 6,000 .APP domains registered to date.
Last week the domain community in the world was constantly talking about Google’s new top-level domain – .APP constantly proved to be the winner right from the start.
The domain has reached the end of its early access phase, with the cheapest price being between $120 and $180.
.APP enters the Early Access Program (EAP) phase allowing users to pre-register for a domain name plus an additional fee. The cost varies from vendor to vendor, but varies from $12,000.
According to the latest from Google:
- On the first day of the EAP phase, 92 domains were registered at a cost of about $12,000
- On the second day of the EAP, 266 domains were registered with a cost of about $3,000
- On the 3rd day of the EAP phase, Google received an additional 700 domain names for $1,100
- On the 4th day of the EAP phase, more than 1,300 registered domains cost about $650
- On the 5th day of the EAP phase, more than 500 registered domain names cost about $150
In particular, the Coinbase electronic currency exchange bought a lot of domains on the 3rd day, registered nearly 100 domain names. These domain names are registered by Coinbase for the purpose of brand protection, but spending such a large amount of money is a waste of money.
The EAP will end tomorrow, May 8, 2018, when the .APP domain name will be officially registered.
Wish you hunt for good domain names!