In the first week of November, GoDaddy announced Q3 business result, revenue reached $582.2 million, up 23.3% over the same period in 2016.
Blade Irving, CEO of GoDaddy, said: “GoDaddy has had a strong, growing quarter; Increased both in revenue, number of customers and cash flow.”
As of now, more than 17 million customers worldwide have used GoDaddy’s service, which has grown at an annualized rate of approximately 19% over the past four years.
Details of Q3 business results of GoDaddy are as follows:
- Total revenue was $582.2 million, up 23.3% from the third quarter of 2016, and slightly up 4.4% on the second quarter.
In particular, revenue from domain name business accounted for 46.6%, reaching $271.5 million; Web hosting and Web Presence was $225.9 million, accounting for 38.8% of total revenue. Turns up 14.8% and 28.8% respectively compared to 2016.
- Net cash flow from operating activities showed signs of improvement, higher than Q1 ($126.6 million) and Q2 ($113.3 million), reaching $131.4 million, up 31.8% against the same period 2016.
- The total number of customers has reached $17.1 million, up 17.7% over 2016.
In the third quarter, GoDaddy recorded a number of outstanding business activities, including:
- Premiere Pro Managed WordPress – Premium WordPress hosting package with more powerful features.
- Launches new website security certificate – TrustedSite.
- Record positive feedback from customers and continue to develop new features for professional website design solutions – GoDaddy’s GoCentral.
- Resale Cloud Server – PlusServer service for €397 million ($456 million).
- Successful agreement to receive domain name expires from Name.com since 2018.
GoDaddy, the world’s No. 1 domain name hosting provider, is continuing to affirm its name, consolidating its strong position in the market. The evidence is that the million dollar contracts, the number of customers and revenue has increased steadily.