By the end of 2017, Google Domains has reached the top 10 most .COM domain name providers in the Internet.
Google Domains is Google’s domain registration service, officially launched in mid-2014. Although still young, by the end of last year, it had officially surpassed OVH and stand in the top 10 with other big names like GoDaddy, Namecheap, Tucows or EIG.
List of top 10 .COM domain providers:
|Order||Provider||Total number of domains sold|
|8||Xin Net Technology Corporation||1,653,909|
Being able to stand in high positions with such big names, I think it is understandable, I will try to list some personal ideas for this growth:
- Google is a big brand and prestige.
- Quick registration process, full domain management interface, simple, easy to use.
- Domain name price is not very cheap but acceptable, accompanied by a free lifetime information hiding feature.
- Fast, enthusiastic support.
- Backed by strong advertising campaigns from Google.
- Convenient in connection with other Google products/services.
The only thing that is a little confusing is that Google Domains still allows only domain registration for a term of 1 year. Do you know why?
Hopefully in the near future, Google Domains will soon have large incentive programs and more superior features to attract more customers.