Namecheap has announced that it will support users replacing Symantec SSL certificate with Comodo SSL completely FREE, you already know?
After discovering a series of Symantec certificate defects, Google has announced that it will stop certifying certain this provider certificates. Until now, Chrome will not display a green lock icon and flag untrusted alerts for websites that use Symantec SSL.
To ensure the benefits for users as well as to attract new customers using their Comodo SSL certificate, Namecheap decided to completely replace the FREE Symantec SSL certificate with Comodo SSL. No need to add a Visa / Master card to verify or pay a fee, simply follow these 3 steps:
- Step 1: Access the free replacement page.
- Step 2: Type in the domain address that is currently using Symantec SSL.
- Step 3: Log in / sign up for Namecheap account to receive and activate Comodo SSL certificate for free.
The free SSL certificate usage time will correspond to the remaining protection time when using your Symantec SSL. After this timeout, you can continue to renew Comodo SSL with Namecheap or cancel it.
- The program applies to both new and old customers of Namecheap.
- The replacement SSL certificate will correspond to the features of the current certificate.
If you are using Symantec SSL, you should consider and change soon, otherwise it can affect the website.